Make Your Own Section!
Add and rearrange any components you want.
Tangerine Cranberry Scones
These tangerine cranberry scones are super delicious pretty much any time of day. Not just for breakfast. Have them for brunch, afternoon snack, or dessert.
Or maybe a tea party with your little princess? These would be perfect!
Health Benefits of Cranberries:
As far as healthy foods go, cranberries are at the top of the list due to their high nutrient and antioxidant content and are often referred to as a “super food.” Not to mention, half a cup of cranberries contains only 25 calories! The possible health benefits of consuming cranberries include lowered risk of urinary tract infections, prevention of certain types of cancer, improved immune function, decreased blood pressure and more.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) cold salted butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated tangerine zest
- 1 cup chopped dried cranberries
- ¾ cup plus 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated tangerine zest
- 1 tablespoon tangerine juice
- 3 drops Tangerine essential oil*
For the scones:
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large glass bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, granulated sugar, and salt. Cut the butter into the mixture using a pastry cutter or fingers until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Add the tangerine zest and dried cranberries.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mixture and add ¾ cup of the heavy cream. Mix the dough together. It should have a slightly dry texture, but not crumbly. Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons of heavy cream if the dough seems too dry.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead it for 1 minute. Form the dough into a round 1-inch thick, and use a knife or a pizza 4. cutter to cut the round into 8 equal wedges. Arrange the wedges in a round, but about 1 inch apart, on the baking sheet. Brush the wedges with 4 tablespoons heavy cream and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the scones are golden and the edges are lightly toasted.
For the glaze:
- In a glass bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, tangerine zest, orange juice, and tangerine essential oil. Drizzle the glaze on top of the warm scones.
Serve the scones warm or cold. Either way they will be tasty!
*Note: It is important to be sure you are using an essential oil that is safe for consumption. Many so called ‘essential oils’ from drugstores and supercenters are quite toxic if taken internally. I choose to use only Certified Pure Therapuetic Grade doTERRA Essential oils.
I would love to hear your feedback! Comment below and let me know what you think.